2/2/11

Books, books, books... and other stuff


There has been so much talk about books and libraries today. I talked about it with a co-worker, and then there has been several entries about it online (
The Glamorous Librarian, Elegant Musings and UnderbaraClara have all written something about books or libraries). After reading so much about it, I've been dreaming of summer. Not because of the warm weather, but because I can read all the books I want to read. Hopefully I will get the chance to visit the wonderfull library in my hometown. It is long overdue! I used to go once every week with my sister and my granfather when I was young, and I really miss it. There is something special with a library. Even though I love the fact that you now can order everything you want for a small price, I still miss the old days when you borrowed as much as you could (and want) and managed to read through entire sections. Libraries were (and still are) magical!

Since I can't read any other books than schoolbooks at the moment, I ordered some coffeetable books online (I will show them to you in another entry)


(picture found on weheartit)


And I just want to say thank you to Leanne Elizbeth Manning at Ramble On for giving me a blogaward. According to the award I will have to write 7 facts about myself and to pass it on to 7 other blogs. I'm terrible at writing facts about myself so I will simply scip that (sorry!), and since there are so many lovely blogs out there, I want to pass it on to every blog I follow. Click on my profile and then you can see the entire list. There are so many amazing blogs on that list, so I recommend you to take a look. Other than that I would like to say hello and thank you to my new followers. So sweet of you to follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seeked refuge in the library for many years! I love the atmosphere, the smell, and every now and then you spot an other library-geek like yourself and exchange a little smile in recognition, hihi. We get fewer and fewer as the years go by and the internet shopping grow... It's kind of sad, actually!

Pandora said...

I couldn't agree more. There really is something magical about it.

I do hope that people keep using the library for a long long time

Related Posts with Thumbnails