1/11/12

The perfect score...

I'm making a summary of books, movies and tv-series read and watched in 2011. It takes a while, and even though I don't think it's any interest of yours, it is a great way for me to keep track of the year (and an excuse to make a list, which must be one of my favorite pastimes!)

In the meantime, I would like to start posting some of my favorite soundtracks. I'm a huge fan of composed soundtracks, both in movies and tv-series, and I especially love hearing instruments like the violin, cello, piano, harp and bagpipes in music. I would love to reccommend some records and composers for you, and I'm going to start this series with a list of some of my favorite music composed for tv-series. This does not necessarily include a series' theme song/opening credits or all my favorite series (if you would like to hear and see more of that, you can take a look at the list a made of tv-series here, here and here, a list I would like to continue some other day)


~~*~~


Jeff Beal ~ Carnivale








Trevor Morris ~ the Pillars of the Earth




Trevor Moris ~ The Borgias






Trevor Morris ~ The Tudors








Martin Phipps ~ The Virgin Queen
(with Mediaeval Baebes)












David Arnold ~ Sherlock




John Lunn and Don Black ~ Downton Abbey




Rob Lane ~ John Adams






Michael Kamen ~ Band of Brothers




Ramin Djawadi ~ Game of Thrones






(Oh, and I do have to add that I really like the score for Hell on Wheels, but I just could not find it anywhere)

Are there any of these you particularly like?
Do you have any recommendations of music composed for tv-series?

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Wonderful choices lovey!! Band of Brothers is still my most favourite soundtrack, I was sad to hear that Michael Kamen died in 2003 :( I love all of the tracks especially Suite one & two <3

Marina Aurora (enchantedrose) said...

Genialt innlegg. Fikk en idee om å gjøre noe lignende selv faktisk, hihi.

Masse bra her synes jeg, spesielt soundtracket til The Pillars of the earth og The Tudors, mange nydelige stykker, for eksempel "A historic love" og såklart Main themet til The Tudors. The pillars of the earth musikken er virkelig det man kan kalle storslått, den passer virkelig sammen med serien, den er intens, spennende og emosjonell og kraftfull.

Og oi, ops, glemte å nevne Game of thrones også, i mine øyne tidenes beste tv-serie, og veldig korrekt til boka, main themen til det er jo bare rett og slett orgasmisk, spesielt selve introduksjonen også, åpningsscenen,åh, omg, orgasmisk er ordet her, haha xD Episk beyond proportions. Og jeg oppdaget nylig at Ramin Djawaldi var veldig ung og ikke gammel som jeg hadde trodd, så det i spesialeffektene på Game of thrones dvden, jeg ble skikkelig overraska, for en awesome mann!

Har en egen spilleliste på Spotify og med film-musikk: #NowPlaying Epic/Film music on #Spotify
http://open.spotify.com/user/arielaurora/playlist/3bpaii0oOwFmEsxPfO6Y51

Skal se på tv-serie innleggene dine også senere (:

Pandora said...

Sammy: Thank you, my dear. Oh, I didn't know that! That is sad!

Marina Aurora: Tusen takk! Jeg ser nå at jeg glemte mange sanger som er favoritter i dag. Spesielt The Execution Ballet fra the Tudors. Ja, jeg ble også veldig overrasket når jeg så at han var såpass ung. De fleste store komponistene har jo vært i "gaimet" en god stund nå. Det blir fint å se hva han kan få til i neste sesong :)

De tv-serie listene har desverre ikke vært oppdatert på lenge, så det er mange av mine nye favoritter som ikke har kommet (favorittene mine står foresten på høyre side, helt nederst). Jeg ser alt for mange tv-serier hvert år, så har en tendens til å glemme. Det er vel snart påtide å fortsette både på den listen og listen over filmmusikk.

Spotifylisten din skal jeg få sjekket ut litt senere i dag :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails